Bikes For Kids, Inc. will donate 300+ bicycles to local kids during our 3rd Annual Bike Giveaway.
Bikes For Kids, Inc., is a Northern Indiana based 501(C)3 non-profit organization, geared toward helping kids ride into a happier, healthier childhood by providing bikes to those most in need. We collect and refurbish bikes with the help of volunteers and give them away on Easter Weekend, the start of the riding season.
The event will be held at 12:00 noon, Saturday, April 16th, 2022 at the Freyman Pavillian (by the tennis courts) at Centennial Park in Plymouth, Indiana. Rain day will be April 23rd. We will serve lunch at the event, consisting of hot dogs, chips, cookies and bottled water. Directions: On N. Michigan St. turn East at the CVS Pharmacy on Plymouth-Goshen Trail. Turn South on Randolph Drive and then follow the signs.
1) There will be no bikes given away prior to 12:00 noon EST as this is a first come, first served event.
2) Families with EBT/SNAP/TANF/WIC/Hoosier Works cards will receive first priority.
3) All children must be present to receive a bicycle, no exceptions.
4) To be fair, only 3 bikes will be given to the occupants of any vehicle, regardless of the number of children. Those children who do not receive a bike will be added to a list on a first come, first served basis. If we have bikes remaining after the event, we'll contact that family to pick up a bike.
5) Parents or guardians must sign a waver and release of liability form.
6) Bike sizes will be matched to the child by local Certified Bicycling Instructors.
7) All kids from Marshall and surrounding counties are invited to attend the event.
There are 4 Ways you can support this event:
1) Purchase a new kid's bike. Starting at $50.00, you can help make BFK a reality. Choose one or more kids to sponsor this year. Just purchase a bike from our online store and we'll pick it up (or a similar model based on availability) from our local Walmart at a pre-negotiated price. We'll make sure the bike is assembled properly and delivered to a needy child at our bike giveaway. A cash donation is also available in the store.
2) Donate a gently used bicycle to us. We'll clean and repair the bike and make it look like new.
3) Volunteer your time to clean, assemble and repair bikes. We have a local Plymouth based workshop, managed by part-time repair technicians. We always have project bikes that we're working on for the event.
4) Help us at the event. We need assistance with transportation, organization, food preparation, etc. This is the most important day of the year at BFK and it would simply be impossible without our volunteers and community members like you.
All donations to Bikes For Kids, Inc. are tax deductable.
Our volunteer assembly/repair technicians will do their best to make sure each bike is safe and rideable. Bikes For Kids, Inc., assumes no liability for accidents or physical injury to the rider after receiving a bike. Our repair technicians will be happy to fix or replace any donated bike for a period of 30 days after the donation event. We highly recommend wearing a bicycle helmet for personal safety when riding.
For more information about this event, please contact Bikes For Kids, Inc., at (574) 221-5688, email email@example.com or our co-sponsors, The Integrity Academy of Martial Arts at (574) 316-2559 or Blissville Church of the Brethren (574) 936-8085.
Bikes For Kids, Inc. 19329 6B Road, Plymouth, Indiana 46563